I've been working for a few years now in all aspects of media, including video, photo, audio and radio production. I specialise in video production and editing; the practical skills and creativity I developed from my 1st Class Honours Degree have been invaluable during my employment as a videographer. I work diligently, can communicate well and stay calm under pressure, functioning efficiently in practical environments and working well within a production team.
For any enquiries, you can contact me here.
For any enquiries, you can contact me here.
• Motion Designer - Motiv Productions Ltd - Leeds, June 2020-present
Specialising in graphics and motion design, I have joined a dedicated video production team to film, design and edit videos for clients and advertisers.
• Videographer - The Skills Network - Selby, Nov 2018-May 2020
I've worked as an editor specialising in producing educational videos for one of the largest distance learning companies in the UK. Our team worked with publishers and graphic designers to plan, produce and edit an enormous variety of content for over 500,000 learners. Skills utilised include:
- Planning large video production workloads
- Organising scripts and distinct video styles and themes
- Liaising with other departments (graphics, publishing, marketing)
- Scouting/contacting actors and locations and organising invoices
- Shooting in house and on location
- Lighting set up
- Sound recording
- Motion graphics production (AE)
- 2D animations (AE)
- Titles and lower thirds (AE)
- Clip editing + sound editing (PP, Audition)
- Organising image assets and shared libraries in Illustrator
- Managing video files on our own Online Learning authoring tool
- Preparing video files for Augmented Reality
- Online course testing and breakdowns
• Freelance Videographer - Sussex, Summer 2018
- I worked for Plastic Free Lewes, to cover an annual summer event and raise crucial awareness of the environmental degradation it was contributing to.
- I refreshed a showcase video of Lewes FC, after they entered the Premiere League as the first FC in the world with equal gender pay.
• Various Videography Roles - Leicester, 2015-2017
- I produced eye-catching awareness videos for DMU Cycling. As part of a team we built a 200-member-strong club.
- The award-winning Demon Media covers a wealth of online content, and I contributed throughout my studies to studio events and post-production sessions.
- I produced engaging, energetic promotional videos for DMU Rowing Club to bring new members in and hype up Varsity events.
- I worked with Leicester Council and Leicester Police, on a video covering controversial issues and alternatives to donating to homeless people versus charities.
- I documented the DMU Electric Vehicle Demo, both capturing and presenting the exciting demonstration for my university.
• Rewind Show - Demon FM - 2016-2017
Twice-weekly community licenced radio host for a show bringing classic older decades of music to a modern and mainstream student audience.
• Studio Assistant - Photography Firm - Cooksbridge, June-July 2016
Product photography and portrait retouching in a studio environment.
• 3D Modelling - Climate Planning - January 2016
Freelance SketchUp modelling of an Australian suburb for an environmental-focused company.
• Intermission Show Producer/Presenter - Demon FM - 2015-2016
Weekly team radio host and producer for a student union interview show to cover societies, university campaigns, and news.
• Media Production BSc at De Montfort University, Leicester
October 2014 - July 2017. First Class Honours.
• A-Level & GCSE at Ardingly College, West Sussex
September 2009 - June 2014. Grades A-C.
• Front of House Staff at Banyan Harrogate, Yorkshire - Oct 2017 - April 2018
• Front of House Staff at Glyndebourne, Sussex - May-August 2016
• Waiter & Bartender at The Newmarket Inn, Lewes - June-July 2015
Over my expat life, I've enjoyed a lot of action sports including skiing, snowboarding, wakeboarding and dirt biking. I am a self-taught drummer and have played for seven years. During my time at university, I enjoyed rowing for our students’ club (DMURC) as a Stroke, competing in numerous regattas. I achieved a personal best of a 6:56 2K at the age of 18 and enjoyed organising various social events for the team.
In my own time, I continue to work on personal editing projects and have produced SketchUp models and videos, which have garnered hundreds of thousands of views and tens of thousands of downloads.